Delve a little deeper…
Women’s Yoga Workshop – Pelvic Floor Health
Next date: TBC
Location: The Roundhouse, Quinta da Pomba, Portugal
Cost: €30 per person (discounts available – please enquire).
The price includes healthy, nourishing refreshments, hot and cold drinks for a short halfway break.
NB This workshop also ran as an online class and the recording of the online workshop is available for purchase for the cost of €30 per person (€15 if you were present at a live workshop). Please get in touch if you would like to receive the recording, which you can download onto your device for life-time access.
The pelvic bowl is like a container for all of our past wounds and traumas – physical, emotional, mental and spiritual. And, for women especially, the pelvic floor suffers much physical wear and tear and abuse over the course of a life-time, for example through pregnancy and childbirth, surgical and medical procedures, hormonal changes or actual abuse.
There is a huge wisdom and benefit in choosing to connect deeply with your pelvic floor, at any stage of your life. Through coming into close communion with the pelvic floor we can bring health and vitality back to all layers of our being and, over time, begin to release the tensions carried within us from past wounds and traumas. Some aspects of improved health and vitality we might see are:
- Becoming more centred, grounded and stable through intelligent connection to our deep core muscles.
- Healing sexual pain and improving sexual function, sensuality and sexual (and spiritual) potential.
- Preventing or reversing incontinence and preventing abdominal organ prolapse.
- Preventing or reversing lower back pain and pelvic pain.
- Increased back and core strength to support safer lifting and better posture.
- Improved blood flow to abdominal organs to support elimination and healing and improve overall health and vitality.
- Assistance in healthy childbirth and postpartum recovery.
- Support of spiritual awakening through cultivation of shakti (divine feminine) energy.
In this workshop, we will learn about the intricate anatomy and physiology of the pelvic floor, using both western scientific and yogic models, and will use a variety of gentle yoga techniques such as targeted, supportive asanas, guided deep breathing, guided meditations, relaxations and powerful visualisations to explore and come into deep communion with our pelvic floor. We will learn to both strengthen and relax this part of our body and will feel for ourselves how the pelvic floor is intimately connected to our breath and other key postural muscles in the body, such as the deep abdominals, lower back muscles and inner thigh muscles.
The workshop is suitable for all women, of all ages and stages of their life, and whatever their previous experience of yoga. The group will be limited to a small number so that ample time can be given to each woman present, to make sure the techniques offered are modified and tailored to be accessible to all.
The aims of the workshop are that you leave with more understanding about your pelvic floor and a deeper felt sense of it, plus knowledge of techniques that you can take away with you and practise at home to continue to build connection, health and vitality in this area of your body.
Advance booking is essential as numbers will be limited.